Sanding and floor varnishing service for London schools
Periodically parquet wooden floors in schools need to be sanded and varnished to restore their appearance. In addition to our well renowned daily school cleaning service (as used by leading London schools) we also provide a specialised wood & parquet flooring sanding and varnishing service.
Hard wood and parquet cleaning floor care tips:
We find a fault that many people do is to apply polish too regularly to the floor to ensure it continues to shine. If new polish is continuously applied on top of old polish (without removing the old polish) it is a short term solution with a detrimental effect on the floor finish, ultimately making it look very unsightly.
As people walk on a floor, their shoes wear off the polish through the middle leaving a build up of polish around the sides with the result of the edges of the floor appearing dirty and black.
Other day-to-day tips for wooden floor care:
- Always have a doormat to prevent dirt from outside being trodden into your wood floors and soiling them.
- Sweep or vacuum floor every week with a hard-floor attachment as often as you can stand.
- A sealed wood floor can be mopped. Wring the mop out really well as too much water can make the wood swell.
- If your floor has a waxed rather than varnished finish, damp mop sparingly.
Calabash school cleaning services include:
- Daily school cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Floor treatments
- Daily rubbish collection
- Window cleaning
- Computer cleaning
- Washroom hygiene services